Greg Alchin is an inclusive design consultant and accessibility advocate with over 30 years experience across education, community and business sectors. Greg uses a powerful mix of personal experience, professional knowledge and practical strategies to empower:
- individuals to be able and enabled to live, learn and work to the best of their ability.
- organisations to create inclusive environments, content and services
Building upon experience of his own visual disability, Greg is
- Certified by Apple as a consultant on accessibility and education solutions,
- Certified by Microsoft as a ‘Most Valued Professional’ – Accessibility.
- Awarded post graduate qualifications in computer based learning as well as web accessibility compliance.
- Accredited in conflict resolution and mediation.
Greg has also received a string of international awards over the past 15 years for sharing his expertise, as a presenter, mentor, coach and content creator. These include the International Inspired Teacher Award (2005) and the New South Wales Premier’s Teachers Scholarship in Special Education (2011). Greg currently sits on the Apple Distinguished Educator Advisory Board for the Asia Pacific Region supporting educators to create inclusive learning environments.
Amongst his recent inclusive design initiatives, Greg has:
- Addressed the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) on producing accessible digital texts.
- Lead the development of NSW Department of Education Digital Inclusion Strategy,
- Published three books. He has two books on inclusive digital publishing, ‘Inclusive Design for iBooks Author‘ and EPUB for Educators. He has also co-authored a book on inclusive connected home environments titled ‘Accessibility at Home.’ All are available on the Apple iBookstore,
- Delivered keynotes on inclusive learning at Australia’s Future Schools Expo as well as Singapore’s E2Connect Conference. His presentation on Disruptive Innovations in Assistive Technology was also the strand spotlight at the Assistive Technology Industry Association (ATIA) in Florida, USA.
- Supported the design and implementation of inclusive connected concept homes at the 11th Annual Blindness and Low Vision Conference (2014), the National Disability Insurance New World Conference (2015) and at the Singapore government’s Silver I.T Fest (2016)
- Designed the accessible EPUB Masterclasses for the Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children.
Contact Greg today, to find out how Alchin Consulting can work with you to clarify your needs and goals then identify intuitive innovative strategies that focus on solutions, not problems.