This page is a landing space for workshop participants to be able to download course resources.The content on this page changes regularly.
Listed below are the files needed for our workshop.
- Support notes | Designing Inclusive EPUBs
- Jutoh manual | Creating Great Ebooks Using Jutoh
- Jutoh | Epub 3 Sampler
- Formatting exercises | EasyReadUNConvention, Disability Standards For Education 2005 Fact Sheet, Accessible Digital Learning Materials
- Captioning exercise / Media object | Yes we are all individuals! excerpt from Life of Brian video and poster image
- Usability Checklist
- Creative Book Builder | Create reflowable EPUBs on your iPad. Sister app, Creative Widget Builder allows you to build your own widgets for Creative Book Builder or iBooks Author and other EPUB authoring tools
You can add an extra audio track in two steps:
- Record a separate sound file where a narrator is describing all of the visual information.
- Attach this audio track to your video.
There are basic techniques to audio description.
- Use of Natural pauses in existing soundtrack to insert descriptions of visual elements such as actions, settings, appearance of characters, body language, costumes, lighting, and on-screen text.
- Offer good description when no audible indications are offered.
- Describe what is seen and do not interpret and try to describe objectively.
- Keep language consistent.
- Do NOT censor the material.
- Provide a separate script and record to a separate audio track.
- If possible, allow the narrator’s voice to compliment the video. An appropriate tone should be used based on the levity of the topic. If possible, use a voice to compliment the topic being Audio Described.
- A trained individual is recommended to narrate and/or write the descriptions.