- How inclusive are your systems, content and services at your workplace?
- Are they designed to enable all staff and clients (with or without a disability) to participate on the same basis with dignity?
- Do they comply with current disability legislation and international design standards?
Did you know that?
The Australian Human Rights Commission highlights that, equal access to information and online services is a:
- a right under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- a requirement by law under Australia’s Disability Discrimination Act, and Disability Standards for Education
- an Australian Standard under AS EN 301 549:2016 Accessibility requirements suitable for public procurement of ICT products and services
- a professional standard for educators under the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
A way forward
Alchin Consulting can audit and test your systems, services and content using methods aligned with international standards such as WCAG 2 compliance audit, usability testing, and many more.
We can then help you understand the results and devise a cost effective strategy so you can ensure all of your target audience can easily understand and interact with what you’ve created. At the same time our strategy will decrease risk of complaints from the Australian Human Rights Commission (AHRC).
Your next step
Contact Greg to discuss how he can work with you to meet your content auditing needs.